MENU

South Ogden house fire started by gasoline used to clean basement

Ogden Home Explosion 3.jpg
A South Ogden house fire was started by a renter using gasoline to clean the basement of the home at 183 S. Country Club Drive. (Photo: Mike Sadowski / KUTV)

(KUTV) -- A South Ogden house fire was started by a renter using gasoline to clean the basement of the home at 183 S. Country Club Drive.

South Ogden Fire Deputy Chief Rick Rassmussen told 2News that vapor from the gas hit the water heater and caused an explosion, which blew out both walls of the house.

Because of the structural damage to the home, the house is now condemned, Rassmussen.


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER