A Bountiful house fire displaced two adults with special needs on Thursday just before noon.
Crews arrived on the scene of a residential fire at approximately 200 South 350 West.
Several animals were in the home. Initial reports were that three cats died in the fire but was corrected by fire officials who said four cats were found alive and one perished.
The adults with Down syndrome escaped the home fire without harm.
The neighbors report the adults were casually taking out the garbage and may not have realized the severity of the house fire.
The fire was extinguished within 10 minutes with crews transitioning to an overhaul (cleanup and investigation) operational mode, a press release stated.
The home was occupied by three adults at the time of the fire. There were five cats in the home and two dogs.
The home sustained an estimated $100,000 in damages. The cause of the fire is from an overloaded extension cord, South Davis Metro Fire Service said.