Fog is settling in for Utah's morning commute.
The potential for fog is likely Friday morning because of increased moisture levels, according to the National Weather Service (NWS).
The following areas are likely to be impacted: Cache Valley, Leacy Parkway, Interstate 80 from Tooele to Wendover, areas near the Great Salt Lake, areas around Utah Lake and high mountain valleys of the Wasatch Back.
The Utah Highway Patrol to keep these tips in mind while driving in foggy conditions:
- Slow down
- Allow extra time to reach your destination
- Make your vehicle visible to others.
- Use low-beam headlights. Use fog lights if you have them.
- Never use high beam lights.
- Leave plenty of room between each vehicle.
- Stay in the proper lane by following the lines on the road with your eyes.
- If the fog gets extremely dense, turn on your hazard lights and pull over into a safe location. Once you come to a stop, turn off all lights except your hazard flashing lights, set the emergency brake, and take your foot off of the brake pedal to be sure the tail lights are not illuminated so that other drivers don't mistakenly run into you.
If you have a great photo of the fog, send it to 2News here.