The non-profit organization says during this time of year they see a decrease in donations as people take advantage of the summer months to vacation and get ready for the upcoming school year.
Thousands have donated this summer but it's not keeping with the pace patients need.
The Red Cross will use the blood to replenish their supply and also have it prepared for patient emergencies. You can make an appointment by downloading the free Red Cross Blood Donor App.
If you donated blood earlier this summer you can give again, blood can be safely given every 56 days.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities August 13-31 along the Wasatch Front:
- 8/15/2019: 1 p.m. - 6 p.m., Intermountain Bountiful, 390 North Main St.
- 8/15/2019: 2:30 p.m. - 8 p.m., Bountiful YSA Stake, 2285 South 200 West
- 8/30/2019: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., Dick's Market, 2280 Orchard Drive
- 8/28/2019: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., Davis Conference Center, 1651 N 700 W
Salt Lake County
Salt Lake City
- 8/13/2019: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m., Myriad Genetics, 320 Wakara Way
- 8/17/2019: 1 p.m. - 7 p.m., Sugarhouse Park, 1330 East 2100 South
- 8/19/2019: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., Shriners Hospital for Children, 1275 Fairfax Road
Find a blood drive click: here.