(KUTV) -- Headed to a big football game this weekend?
Instead of driving, take TRAX, the bus or Frontrunner!
UTA has extended its service and provided multiple accommodations to help University of Utah and BYU fans get to and from the games in a timely manner. This will also help you avoid parking fees for parking.
Here is the updated UTA schedule for the Utah game Friday night and BYU game on Saturday.
Utah vs. Arizona
Friday October 12, 2018 @ 8 p.m.
A University of Utah football game ticket can be used as a UTA fare for the entire day.
- 5 special direct trains from Draper to Stadium pre-game (Route 710)
- All Red Line trains and the special direct trains will be 4-car trains
- Special direct buses from Salt Lake Central to Stadium
- Buses staged near TRAX stations on 400 South to supplement train capacity to Stadium as needed
- Game is anticipated to end around 11:15 pm
- Trains servicing the end of the game from Stadium will be 4-car trains
- Extra service from Stadium:
- Extra trains to Draper (Route 710) in addition to Daybreak (Route 703)
- Special direct buses from Stadium to Salt Lake Central (staged on University Street [1400 E] just north of South Campus Drive [400 South])
- Special direct buses from Stadium to Courthouse (staged on University Street immediately adjacent to Stadium TRAX Station)
- Blue Line between Salt Lake and Draper will have 3-cars to accommodate passengers at Courthouse from Stadium arriving on buses and Daybreak trains
All rail service will be extended
- If the game ends on time, the last Red Line southbound from Stadium will be 12:10 am, and will have connections to all TRAX and S-Line Stations (TRAX and S-Line will run on 15 minute headways until then).
- The dark colored section at the end of each headway sheet is for if the game ends on time.
- The light colored section at the end of each headway sheet will only run if there is a significant delay of game or overtime.
- The service will have one train in each direction from the downtown Salt Lake area (North Temple and SL Central Stations) that will leave after the passengers from the game board.
BYU vs. Hawaii
Saturday, October 13, 2018 @ 8:15 p.m.
- Bus: The Timpanogos Business unit will run extra UVX buses from Provo FrontRunner and Orem FrontRunner. This will begin two hours prior to kickoff.
- Frontrunner: Normal Saturday revenue service.
- Bus: Customers should board the bus within 15 minutes after the end of the game
- Extra UVX buses will be stage on University Parkway.
- Direct buses will be staged on the southwest corner of Canyon Road and University Parkway facing southbound. Those buses will be MCIs and travel from the stadium to Provo Central. The direct buses will load at the southwest corner of Canyon Road and University Parkway.
- UVX will service the regular UVX stations and run its regular route (BYU Stadium Station is closest to the station).
- Frontrunner: It will run on its normal Saturday schedule, except the 11:17 pm and 12:17 am Provo departures will be held for up to 30 minutes to meet buses from the stadium.