Lagoon amusement park in Davis County, will open Saturday, although face masks will be required for entry as are reservations.
"We are pleased to announce that Lagoon has received authorization from our friends at the Davis County Health Department and community leaders to open the Park this weekend," Lagoon said in a press release. The park requested that guests try to avoiding coming at the 10 a.m. opening "to forestall delays."
The park said to maintain physical distancing, to avoid crowding at the park's entrance and to deal with capacity limitations, reservations will be handled online, for cutomers who buy season passes or one-day passes. Those will a reservation will be given a wristband to signify paid attendance. Reservations are available online for a week. To make a reservation visit: lagoonpark.com/make-reservation/.
The park's Biergarten is already open from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. today. The park has a list of guest expectations for its opening.
Season passport holders will be restricted to two visits each week. The park's website says:
Please Note: We expect this reservation system is likely to evolve as the situation with the novel Coronavirus changes. Lagoon is doing its best to remain flexible during these challenging times and we appreciate the patience and kindness our guests have shared.
The park has a list of guest expectations:
- For safety and protection, guests are required to have a face covering (mask) in order to enter the Park.
- Restaurants will follow the current State of Utah guidelines for dine in service.
- Staff will wear face covering and gloves in appropriate locations throughout the Park.
- Established schedules are in place to sanitize high-touch areas frequently. These may include: door handles, trash receptacle touchpoints, buttons, handrails, tables, seats, benches, rest room areas and facilities, door knobs, light switches, queue rails, restraints, ATM machines, dining surfaces, etc.
- Team members are prohibited from coming to work if they are ill and their health will be checked at the beginning of each shift. Managers/leadership have been trained to identify symptoms of COVID-19 and to be clear on relevant protocols.
- Team members have been trained on the importance of regular and thorough handwashing.
- Guests are advised to use their best judgment when determining the safety of themselves and their families.
- Guests are encouraged to practice healthy hygiene and avoid visiting if they feel ill or are having any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Guests will be prohibited from gathering in large groups and encouraged to move throughout the Park to facilitate limited exposure time. As a large percentage of Lagoon’s attendance is family members who live in the same household, employees will consider this when encouraging appropriate social distancing.
- Marks will be placed at queues and other appropriate areas to facilitate distance guidelines. Signs will be posted to make it easy for guests to understand what is expected.
- Clear barriers are being installed in locations throughout the Park where it may be difficult to maintain social distancing requirements, such as sales registers.
- Single rider lines designed to help fill open seats will be eliminated.
- Besides rest rooms located throughout the Park to facilitate frequent handwashing, hand sanitizer stations will be provided at the entrance to the Park, key walkways, all attractions, at food and beverage locations, in merchandise shops, etc.
- Guests will be asked to sanitize their hands as they enter the queue to board an attraction and as they exit. Ride and queue surfaces frequently touched will be sanitized regularly, including handrails, armrests, restraints, lap bars, seat belts, etc.
- Regular cleaning of rides and attractions including intervals during operational times to sanitize seats, restraints, handles, queue fence, etc.
- Ride and attraction capacity may be reduced/managed to aid appropriate social distancing.
- Ride operators/attendants are not able to physically assist children into or out of rides. Parents or supervising companions will need to assist children who may need help.
Lagoon's COVID-19 policies and further information are below: