This week, 2News Anchor Heidi Hatch moderates debate between former lawmakers Jim Dabakis (D) and Greg Hughes (R) in the weekly Take 2 podcast.
That and more is talked about including:
- Election wrap-up and low voter turnout that resulted in the win of Erin Mendenall as Salt Lake City's 36th mayor.
ERIN MENDENHALL -- 58.17% -- 25,502
LUZ ESCAMILLA -- 41.83% -- 18,342
- Tax Meeting: A state tax cut from $75 million to $100 million, with a flat-rate of 4.5 percent, down from the current 4.95 percent.
- Food Tax: Refund if you can’t afford the food tax? Taxation of new services?
- Hunstman family's donation of $150 million to mental health at the University of Utah.
- Is Jon Huntsman, Jr., going to announce candidacy this coming week for the governor's seat?
- The Salt Lake Tribune officially becomes a non-profit.
- Sen. Mitt Romney joins bipartisan Climate Change Caucus.