With thousands of tickets to Utah Jazz, Real Salt Lake, Salt Lake Bees, and Utah Royals FC games currently in limbo -- 2News is taking a closer look at ticket policies for each major Utah sport that's currently in season.
The Utah Jazz announced their ticket policy shorty after star center Rudy Gobert became the first NBA player to test positive for the coronavirus. It was the first domino that led to the abrupt shutdown of the entire 2019-20 NBA season.
On their website, the Utah Jazz state the following conditions:
"Tickets already purchased by individuals or rental groups for a postponed game will be honored when the game is rescheduled, or their tickets can be refunded upon request. For tickets purchased by groups or as part of mini-plans, half-season and season ticket packages, those tickets purchased will be honored when the games resume. If games are officially canceled for this season, those tickets will be credited to the next season or refunded upon request. Refunds may be obtained through your point of purchase."
A representative from the Larry H. Miller Group, which operates the Jazz and the Salt Lake Bees, said:
Games have only been postponed so far and we await directives from Minor League Baseball and the NBA before any next steps can take place."
REAL SALT LAKE / UTAH ROYALS / REAL MONARCHS
All Major League Soccer games have been temporarily postponed through June 8.
Real Salt Lake and its affiliates explain the ticket policy in a FAQ section on its website, which we've copied below:
I have a ticket to a Real Salt Lake game at Rio Tinto Stadium during the temporary MLS season suspension. Now what?
- No action is needed. Tickets already purchased for a postponed game will be honored when the game is rescheduled and provided the rescheduled game is open to spectators. Games will be rescheduled in conjunction with Major League Soccer and all national authorities and announced accordingly.
What if I transfer my tickets to another account for a Real Salt Lake game at Rio Tinto Stadium during the temporary MLS season suspension?
- Any transferred tickets will remain valid to gain entry to a rescheduled match.
I had purchased a ticket to a Real Salt Lake away match during the temporary MLS season suspension. What happens now?
- Tickets for postponed away games may be used by applicable ticket purchasers once the game is rescheduled and provided the rescheduled game is open to spectators.
Will I be charged for my RSL season ticket membership/partial plan payment during the time in which MLS matches are postponed?
- Major League Soccer has temporarily suspended match play. We and MLS remain focused on playing the full 2020 season and are evaluating all options, including pushing back the end of the season and having the MLS Cup in December as well as considering other available dates to ensure the integrity of the 2020 season. Matches have not been canceled and will be rescheduled at a later date. At this time, scheduled payments will be charged per the Real Salt Lake Ticketing Terms and Conditions. For further questions regarding your plan, please contact Fan Relations at Fanrelations@rsl.com or 801-727-2702.
Who do I speak with about Utah Royals FC or Real Monarchs ticket questions?
- For Utah Royals FC: contact Fan Relations at Fanrelations@rsl.com or 801-727-2702.
- For Real Monarchs: contact Scott Reynolds at email@example.com or 469-912-4542
What about games after the temporary MLS season suspension period?
- All Major League Soccer games through June 8 have been temporarily suspended. We will continue to provide appropriate information as it develops.
Where can I stay up to date on all information moving forward?
- Please follow www.rsl.com and the Real Salt Lake on all social media platforms as the club provides the most up-to-date information to our fans as possible.
- Click here for advice from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on measures that you can take to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
SALT LAKE BEES
If you have tickets to a postponed Salt Lake Bees game, you can redeem that ticket for any game, excluding July 4 and July 24, when the season resumes.
The Bees explain the ticket policy on its website:
Tickets already purchased by individuals for a postponed game will be honored as a voucher for any game, excluding July 4 and July 24, remaining during the 2020 season when the season resumes or refunded by request.
For tickets purchased as part of a season ticket package they will be honored as a voucher for any remaining 2020 game during the season, excluding July 4 and July 24. If games are officially cancelled this season, those tickets will be credited to the next season or refunded upon request. Group tickets and picnic packages are encouraged to contact their sales representative for options on rescheduling.
Refunds may be obtained through their sales representative or at the point of purchase. Additional details are available at www.slbees.com."